Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hungary Like the Wolf

As you can see, I've been letting the vacation mentality get to me this past while and have fallen behind on my blog posting. The pictures that went up today and yesterday are from last week in Bulgaria and Romania.

I now find myself in Budapest, Hungary, at a very delightful hostel that makes me never want to leave. I extended my stay by a night to give me time to get my shyte together, but will take off tomorrow mid day for the Lake Balaton region (the largest freshwater lake in Europe out of Scandinavia). I'm assured that the temperature will be cooler and I'll get an eyeful of the gorgeous Hungarians on the beaches. (No, Robin, you didn't just read that.)

My big splurge in Hungary - aside from my nighttime taxi ride to the hostel upon arrival at the dodgy station - was a bike tour of the city yesterday. I managed to get a semi-private tour with another hosteller, and we went for a 3 hour adventure all over the city. Thank goodness for "it's just like riding a bike"; I don't reckon I've ridden one in almost 10 years. This inexperience showed when I wove all over the bloody place and bumped into a few walls... I won't even mention the Japanese tourist that I just about creamed. It was a splendid way to see this amazing city, though my ass is paying the price today. 3 hours of riding on a hard seat over cobblestones will get the best of us!

So far no exceptionally comedic (mis)adventures in this part of the world, but I sure am enjoying this city. I'll be home in less than 2 weeks now!

1 Comments:

At 22:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spectacular photos, Casey. You must be in terrific condition from all the exercise you've been getting on your travels.
Love,
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home