Sunday, February 11, 2007

Tavla



131415161718


192021222324










© Backgammon
Info.net










121110987


654321



So once upon a time, when I was traipsing about Turkey, I fell in love with a little game called tavla (a.k.a. backgammon), a tremendously popular pastime among the Turks. Once upon a time, I was also reasonable at this game ... at least, for a foreigner.

But I discovered tonight that I'd forgotten the orientation of the board, and was a bit fuzzy on some of the rules. A look back into my trusty travel diary reminded me of the board set up as above, where if you were the orange player, the bottom left would be your home (and the top left would be purple's home.) But much to my dismay, all online sources seem to show the board in a different configuration! This distresses me greatly. At any rate, I vow to learn to play respectably again, and to fight for the legitimacy of this board configuration! You heard it here first, folks.

3 Comments:

At 22:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Casey!! It's Yusun! Where are you now? What are you up to? I'm back in Cobourg with my parents, working part time and making jewellery. It's been a crazy-ass long time! I'm pretty much the same I think. :) Hope to hear from you soon! (Lots of exclamation marks, I know...but can't help it!!!)

 
At 11:32, Blogger LStew said...

oh backgammoninfo.net, how you've saved me so many times. oh wait. nope. shoot.

 
At 08:04, Blogger Pallavi Gupta said...

• Since I got a chance to interact with you virtually on this platform, I would like to seek your attention towards Moustache Hostel!! They have their hostels in 18+ location all over India. Recently I got a chance to stay at their Manali Hostel and trust me I felt like my second home. I got a chance to interact with fellow travellers. I made some good friendships and memories.
hostels in Manali
hostel in Manali

 

Post a Comment

<< Home